CompanyMCJV Pty Ltd (Joint Venture between McConnell Dowell and the Australian section of Consolidated Contracting Company (CCC)),
LocationGladstone and Curtis Island, Queensland
Date2010 to 2012
Resources & Infrastructure
Naturecall Environmental was engaged by MCJV Pty Ltd (a joint venture between McConnell Dowell and the Australian section of Consolidated Contracting Company (CCC)), to conduct fauna services during vegetation clearing for the QCLNG downstream pipeline.
Works for this project crossed a variety of habitats, including eucalypt forests, mangrove communities and intertidal zones.
This project saw the turning point for fauna management during trenching inspections, with the development and creation of tools specific to the task.
Scope of environmental services
- Spotter-catcher team
- Pre-clearing fauna habitat surveys (terrestrial and inter-tidal)
- Trench inspections
- Development of new trench inspection tools and traps
- Fauna habitat survey for nest box density calculations
- Rehabilitation Management Plan
- Mangrove surveys and mapping
- GIS Mapping